PCI is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing diseases, improving community health, and promoting sustainable development worldwide. With support from United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PCI Tanzania will be implementing the final phase of Food for Education (FFE) programming in the Mara region (2017-2021). The goal of the program is to improve literacy among primary school students, and increased use of health and dietary practices, empower women etc. In line with programmes objectives, growth and sustainability, PCI wishes to attract talents and professionals to help run the programme.
2. Finance Associate (1)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION The Finance Associate provides day to day financial support to PCI Tanzania operations. S/he provides functional financial management support to Project Director, Project Managers, and Coordinators. In addition, provides working support to Finance Assistant, Senior Finance Officer, Finance Manager and probably to Finance Director where necessary. With other finance staff S/he provides functional financial management support to Country Office program team, Administration and HR units.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Liaison with External Institutions • Facilitate bank transactions including cash withdrawals, cash deposits, check deposits to PCI bank or any other bank, collection of bank statements, facilitation of official communication between PCI and bank(s) including follow up of any outstanding matters as may arise.
Professional Skills • Works Efficiently and Effectively/Commitment to Quality • Builds Relationships/Teamwork • Judgment • Demonstrates Adaptability • Problem Solving • Creativity and Technical Skills • Works with integrity.
• Bachelor or Advanced Diploma in Accounting from recognized institution.
• Excellent computer skills, including MS software: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Demonstrated ability to interact well with others and work in a team environment
• Excellent English skills — verbal and written.
• Good negotiation skills, appropriate leadership and problem-solving skills
• 2-3 years relevant professional experience including petty cash management
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
• Highly organized, detailed oriented, sound judgment, strong interpersonal skills
• Working with high level of integrity
3. Communication Officer (1)
• Location: Musoma, Tanzania
• Schedule: Full time
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The focus of the Communications Officer is to support the development of communication strategies, messages, materials in PCI Tanzania programs working in close collaboration with other PCI staff.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Facilitate Payments • On all approved Travels, and Activity and Budget Proposals process MPesa payments for Vendors/Supplies, Training/Meeting Participants and PCI employees timely. • Prior to payment ensure thorough review of invoices and other supporting documents including requests for compliance issues prior to processing payments. • Work with program staff on facilitating field based payments to participants in (meetings, workshops, trainings, community works, warehouses stevedores etc.)
• Execute and uphold systems of internal controls in compliance with PCI Policies and under guidance from the Senior Finance Officer.
• Ensure cash receipts as documented by Finance Assistant are well reconciled and deposited into a PCI bank account instantly.
• Maintain updated, organized, secure filing and storage of financial documents relating to M-Pesa payments and Journal vouchers.
• Manage M-Pesa register to ensure it is timely updated and report any expected funding requirements to ensure smooth operations of program activities.
• Ensure all cash receipted are banked into PCI Bank account instantly.
• Facilitating timely Travel and Program advance reconciliations according to PCI Tanzania policies and procedures.
• Recording Regional Office M-Pesa approved payment vouchers and Journal Vouchers into ACCPAC.
• Provide support to the Senior Finance Officer and Finance Manager in the creation of financial reports on monthly basis and as when might be needed in regular basis.
• Work with the Senior Finance Officer and Finance Manager ensuring monthly bank reconciliations are done timely and accurately.
• Oversee the development/design of communication strategies, messages, materials and selected topics.
• Support program coordinators to develop clear, innovative educational approaches and messages, achieve audience awareness and promote desired audience behaviors.
• Support program teams to develop Behavior Change Communications (BCC) materials that have technically correct messages linked to PCI’s objectives.
• Plan and implement testing of messages and formative research to inform design of BCC materials.
• Refine existing PCI training materials to ensure that they are user friendly, and designed to guide lasting impact.
• Support program teams to plan, organize, coordinate, pre-testing production of BCC materials.
• Organize training of partner staff in the use of BCC materials and development of success stories.
• Develop communications plans for PCI projects in consultation with program coordinators.
• To support production of branded written communication materials including handbooks, manuals, posters, as well as radio spots, press releases and interpersonal communications such as drama and messaging campaigns that support PCI BCC efforts
• To coordinate production of videos and photographs that support PCI communications efforts with beneficiaries and partners
• Manage communications consultants, service providers, when requested.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and partners.
• Degree in the field of communications, public relations, public health/nutrition, journalism or equivalent.
• At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
• Proficiency in verbal/written Kiswahili and English.
• Ability to take the lead on tasks and work independently when required.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficiency in common software including excel and word and editing software including publisher.
• Video production/photography experience would be an advantage.
• Knowledge in international development programming would be an advantage.
• Graphic arts experience would be an advantage.
4. Research Assistants for the EFFECTS Project: (10)
Project Concern International (PCI) is seeking Research Assistants for the EFFECTS Project (Engaging Fathers For Effective Child Nutrition and Development in Tanzania). PCI is working with partners at Harvard University, Purdue University and the Africa Academy of Public Health in this community-based project to promote fathers’ engagement in nurturing care for their young children with the goal of improving children’s nutritional and development well-being. The project will be implemented in Mara, Tanzania. The project will involve qualitative research to design our intervention program in Phase I, which is planned for a period of four weeks in February/early March of 2018. In addition, two Research Assistants will be needed for a period of two to three weeks in March of 2018 to pilot test intervention materials among selected households. The Research Assistants will be based in the Musoma district of Mara for the duration of the data collection, including pilot testing of intervention materials.
Qualifications and Experience We are seeking candidates with at least a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or health sciences (including nursing, medicine, public health). Community-based field experience and/or experience of qualitative data collection is preferred. Applicants should be comfortable working in community settings and working with young children.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Participate in a 10-day training on field based qualitative data collection.
• Field-based qualitative data collection including interviews, focus groups, observations, market study, and pilot testing family and child questionnaires and intervention materials.
• Writing up field notes, and completion of transcriptions and translations of Kiswahili into English.
• Provide support to data analysis.
• Participate in formative research team meetings in person and over Skype.
Knowledge and Competencies
• Fluency in Kiswahili and English (oral and written)
• Comfortable with basic IT; for example, Microsoft Office, Skype.
• Able to prepare and write reports in English
• Good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Good team player
• Strong oral communication skills and observation skills
• Sensitivity and respect for the local culture and environment
• Proven experience in qualitative data collection such as conducting interviews and focus group discussions, transcriptions and translations.
• Proven experience in community participatory activities (e.g. community mapping).
**Please note in your cover letter whether you’ll be available in March 2018 for pilot testing of the intervention materials.**
5. Receptionist CUM Office Assistant (1)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION The Receptionist Cum Office Assistant is responsible to answer and redirect all calls to PCI Tanzania, welcome clients and direct them accordingly to the relevant office and or person. Performs administrative work for management and assists the Administration Officer with various administrative functions. The Successful candidate will be based in Musoma will report to the Administration Officer.
KEY RESULTS AREA
• Managing the Reception and PCI clients
• Office Management and Administration
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
• Support day-to-day office functioning, including reception of external visitors or service providers
• Ensure that the reception area is well kept (neat and tidy) projecting a professional work environment
• With respect and courtesy, receive visitors to the office and direct them appropriately i.e responses to inquiries
• Maintain a record of the visitors to the office; ensure that the visitors Book is signed
• Manage Country Directors Diary and assist on the secretarial duties of the CD.
• Receive and distribute incoming mail to PCI Tanzania staff and arrange for collection/delivery of all outgoing mail including pouches via National and International courier service provider.
• Maintain the Call Register, Trip Reference Register, Outgoing Letters Reference Register and ensure that all out-going phone calls are noted
• Date stamp all correspondence received at the office and ensure that mail is always first routed to the Country Director
• Maintain a filing system at the office; ensure that a copy of all incoming/ outgoing correspondence, utilities bills, etc. are filed chronologically
• Send/receive pouches to other PCI offices;
• Ensure that the telephone, fax, photocopier machines and printers are in a state of good repair. Immediately report any faults and liaise with service providers to ensure that PCI receives quality services
• Compose and type letters directed by management
• Develop and distribute meeting notices, minutes and follow up items
• Support the Admin Officer on various administrative functions.
• Diploma or certificate in, Business Administration, Office Management or other relevant field
• 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience.
• Computer skills (including experience with Microsoft Office suite, and other common software packages).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website at www.pciglobal.org and click on the “Careers” link under the About
Us tab. This will take you to PCI’s Career Portal. Click on the employment opportunities tab and then click on Search Current Openings to find and apply for either of these open positions with PCI Tanzania enclosing a detailed CV together with copies of relevant testimonials and cover letter
• 30 January, 2018
• Only Successful Candidate will be contacted
PCI Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and additionally encourages qualified
women and people with disabilities to apply.