Apply to email@example.com
Job Code: DCMC-HQ-03
Posted On: Wednesday, 11th April 2018
Closing On: Wednesday, 18th April 2018
Shift: Mixed Shift
Location: Ntyuka – Dodoma
Hospital: Dodoma Christian Medical Center
Job Type: Contract
Education: Other Diploma/Certificate
The Dodoma Christian Medical Centre Trust (DCMC Trust) is a registered non-governmental organization with Christian values governed by The Board of Trustees. DCMC main offices are located in Ntyuka Village, Dodoma Tanzania. The mission of DCMC Trust is to provide accessible and sustainable quality health care through a Tanzanian comprehensive health system which encompasses community based prevention and primary, secondary and selected specialized and super-specialized care. Dodoma Christian Medical Center (DCMC) has served thousands of patients through its dental and medical clinics, managed dispensaries, and community health programs with a compassion and love of Jesus Christ in collaboration with other stake holders and in line with the Government policies.
DCMC Trust is an equal opportunity employer offering stable and professional working environment with competitive remuneration and benefits. DCMC invites qualified Tanzanians to fill in the following vacant positions:
Job reference Number: DCMC-HQ-01
Position: Chief of Community Health
Duty Station: DCMC Dodoma
Reports to: DCMCT Director
Position Summary: The incumbent will be responsible for planning, coordination and implementation of Research and Community Health Activities in DCMC Supported health facilities. S/he will be in charge of the overall management and implementation of the research community health programs related to DCMC
Ability to develop in-depth community health knowledge and be familiar with principles of community Management and health reforms
Critical Management Skills of transformation leadership, Action planning, Performance and total Quality Management, Decision making, Problem Solving and Change Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
· To plan, coordinate and supervise all Community Health Projects/Programs.
· To coordinate and carry out epidemiological studies and identify the prevalent health problems in the community and ways to control them.
· To coordinate collection and analysis of health data through field research, observational studies
· To ensure availability of accurate, up to date, complete, comprehensive and timely information on epidemiological and demographic indicators – collected, collated, analyzed and interpreted at various health system levels.
· To develop the spirit of team-work in promoting health in all population groups.
· To co-ordinate training programs of various cadres of medical personnel in DCMC supported facilities
· To organize consultant clinics on endemic diseases in the Teaching Hospitals.
· To liaise with outside agencies on all matters related to the basic concept of community health.
· To prepare and develop staff training programs in the department
· Preparing and coordinating departmental work plans
Qualifications and Experience:
· Medical doctors with Masters in community Health with Epidemiology from a recognized institution
· Registered in respective authority
· At least five (5) years working experience in busy multidisciplinary environments (Research Institution/reputable hospital) in a developing country
· PhD Holder in Epidemiology or Public Health with demonstrated research by publication is an added Advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
· The Job Descriptions for the advertised positions will be obtained in DCMCT website. (http://www.dcmct.or.tz/careers)
· The job reference number should be clearly indicated on top of the envelope or e-mail Subject/headline
· All applications containing letter of application, copies of your academic certificates and a detailed CV with at least three referees, should be through post or e-mail (P O Box 658 Dodoma or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
· Closing date and time: Wednesday 17th May 2017 at 16.30 hrs.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
· No hand delivered applications will be processed for these positions
All Applications through Post should be addressed to
Dodoma Christian Medical Centre Trust
P.O. Box 658