Community Mobilization Officer
RECRUITING DEPARTMENT: Health Department.
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
DUTY STATION: Simanjiro- (Manyara Region)
QUALIFICATIONS: BACHELOR DEGREE IN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
EXPERIENCE: at least 5 years working in community development projects, at least 2 years Red Cross experience.
LANGUAGES: Swahili and English .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the implementation and supervision of all planned community activities.
- Responsible for conducting community meetings with relevant stakeholders for the identification of water, sanitation and hygiene interventions.
- Responsible for liaising with government officials for the planning and implementation of all community activities.
- Demonstrable knowledge on WATSAN approach for participatory and community diagnosis (e.g; Participatory Hygiene Assessment Sanitation Transformation (PHAST), Community Lead to Total Sanitation (CLTS), School-WASH- Guideline…).
- Responsible for supervision and monitoring the selected community WATSAN promoters on selected water, sanitation and hygiene topics and others volunteers.
- Implement and develop WATSAN and Climate Change Campaigns.
- Compile and collect data field for evaluation indicators of verifiable objectives of the project.
- Advice the project manager on how to improvement WATSAN interventions with the agro pastoral communities.
- Prepare activity and progress reports at the end of week, month and year.
- Identification of WATSAN activities to be implemented in an eventual project proposal.
- Ability to use computer software package (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Perform any other duties assigned by his/her supervisors from time to time.
- Work closely with the Spanish Red Cross Delegate in the area, provide support for the good running of the operation.
Applications may be submitted via Post Office or by hand delivery, but not by email. The deadline for submission is 8th May 2018 by 16.00 Hrs.
Only short listed candidates meeting the minimum set criteria will be invited for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
The Secretary General,
Tanzania Red Cross Society,
P.O Box 1133, DAR ES SALAAM
Tanzania Redcross Society seeks to hire a qualified candidate for the position of a Community Mobilization Officer