The Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC) requires the professional skills of an experienced Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer to head its data management wing. LHRC is a self- reflective organization that values collective and individual learning; an important practice that has been core to its ability to remain on the cutting edge of whatever is done, renew energy as well as have the strengths to withstand processes of rusting and erosion.
Position Tittle: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Justice Lugakingira House, Kijitonyama
Contract Type: Full time contract.
Reporting to: The Executive Director
At least a bachelor’s degree in project management, social sciences, environment sciences, development studies, management, law, or any other related studies. Experience working for NGOs with at least 5 years of experience in project/program cycle management; project/program monitoring & evaluation, high quality report writing, financial management, organizational development, capacity building, organizing & delivering trainings, organizing field events/workshops. The candidate should be fluent in Swahili and English and able to work independently with minimum supervision/guidance.
The MEL Officer will support the Program Officers, partners and Directors mainly in the following areas:
- Developing & implement LHRC MEL strategy;
- Supporting LHRC partners in developing & implementing MEL strategies;
- Ensuring high quality management of the ongoing LHRC programs ;
- Regular monitoring of LHRC programmes to ensure timely delivery of the expected results;
- Ensuring regular & systematic monitoring & proper documentation of LHRC programmes’ outcomes and impacts;
- Planning and implementing capacity building measures for LHRC members to ensure high quality and impactful program management/implementation;
- Supporting the development of learning materials within LHRC programmes;
- Facilitating learning and knowledge exchanges within LHRC platform;
- Ensuring timely reporting by LHRC partners and reviewing them;
- Supporting timely and high quality reporting to LHRC donors,
- Take part in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff.
- Design, implement and evaluate projects with an aspect of resource mobilization
- Applicants should send their applications (motivation letter & detailed C.V. including 3 references and support documents) to
Legal and Human Rights Centre
P.O BOX 75254
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Deadline for applications: June 15, 2018. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a successful candidate may be obtained before the deadline. Therefore, kindly send application as soon as you can.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for further details & test / interview;
Test/Interviews are scheduled latest by June 20, 2018;
A successful candidate is expected to report to the office latest by the first week of July 2018;