SOS Children’s Villages Zanzibar is Local Non- Government Organization (NGO) affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that work to protect and care for children who have lost parental care, or who stand at risk of losing it. Established 64 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs two major programmes i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and runs Children’s Villages and other projects in Tanzania, the organisation runs four Children’s Villages in Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Zanzibar and other programmes in Pemba, Iringa and Mufindi.
Job Title: Teacher Herman Gmeiner School (HGS) 2 post: (Mat & Physics/Chemistry (1 post) & Geography & Biology for “0” and “A” level (1 post)
Duty station: SOS Children Village Zanzibar
Reporting to: Secondary Head Teacher
- Teaching students as per developed lessons plan and schemes of work
- Providing conducive learning environment for all students by observing children’s rights
- Offering to all students an effective education in a stimulating environment, provides equality with collaboration and partnership with students, parents/care takers, together with co- workers.
- Responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
- Preparing tests, examinations and marking them as per school calendars
- Acting as a role model to the children
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Holder of First degree in B.Sc./Art with Education from any Government recognized University in the relevant field of the above mentioned subjects.
- Fresh graduates are highly encouraged to apply
- Eager to work under NGO’s working environment
- Self-motivated with proven results oriented teacher.
- Works under minimum supervision
- Child Right & Protection awareness candidate
To apply for this position, send your application letter describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies making you the right candidate for this position, Enclose a detailed updated CV, telephone contacts and details of at least 3 referees with their emails, address & phone numbers. All candidates will be subject to child protection recruitment procedures and checks. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. The advert is open from 1st August to 16th August 2018.
The applications should be addressed to: –
The Program Director
SOS Children’s Villages Zanzibar
P. 0. Box 1923 Zanzibar, Tanzania
Or sent by email to
SOS Children’s Villages Zanzibar is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN 06/08/2018