UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Award 2019. The International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
University of British Columbia in Canada
Level/Field of study:
Eligible undergraduate degrees offered by UBC.
Number of Awards:
International Leader of Tomorrow Award winners receive awards proportional to financial need. Financial need is determined by tuition, fees, and living costs, minus the financial contribution you and your family can make annually. A standard needs-assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
The Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion, whichever is less. Your award may be renewed provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
To be considered for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- • You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- • You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- • You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- • You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- • You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (at least an A average or equivalent standard).
- • You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Applications for the 2019/20 academic year will be available at the official website in September 2018.
Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC by 1 December 2018. You must meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by 31 January 2019.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://you.ubc.ca/financial-planning/scholarships-awards-international-students/international-scholars/