$50,000 Africa Innovation Challenge 2.0 for Healthcare Entreprenuers 2019
Johnson & Johnson in South Africa is currently accepting Applications for the AfricaInnovation Challenge 2.0, calling on African Entrepreneurs to Submit Ideas in Six Categories: Mental Health, Consumer Packaging, Botanical Solutions, Health Worker Support, Digital Health Tools and Essential Surgery in 2019
The challenge is the second continent-wide competition calling on African innovators to submit ideas for innovative technologies, products and solutions that have the potential to create positive impact on African communities. The challenge focuses on identifying scalable and sustainable solutions to six major health and environmental problems for Africa’s population
Worth of Award
Citizens and permanent residents of African Countries can apply. Applications should only be submitted by authorized representatives of the Applicant applying for the AIC. To qualify, each Applicant must submit an innovative idea in at least one of the following categories:
- Botanical Solutions – They are seeking naturally-derived, plant-based solutions that tap into traditional knowledge and deliver consumer health and wellness benefits through the topical application;
- Packaging Innovations – They are seeking sustainable innovations for packaging of single dose units and other affordable product sizes that will reduce or eliminate waste while protecting the product;
- Mental Health – They are seeking innovations that create awareness for mental illness as a public health problem and offer solutions for patients, caregivers, and their communities to address these issues.; and
- Essential Surgical Care – They are seeking innovations that promote access to timely, safe and skilled surgical care.
- Digital Health Tools – For one or more of the areas of HIV, Tuberculosis, Mental Health, Maternal Health and Ebola, They are seeking digital tools (including apps and other mobile/web/data enabled tech) for these important health care areas that can inform, educate, communicate and connect people to treatment, support and care through their reach and information and improve health outcomes especially for women.
- Health Worker Support – They are seeking innovations that support the wellbeing and resilience of nurses, midwives and community health workers at the heart of delivering care.
How to Apply
Visit www.jnjafricainnovation.smapply.io and follow the directions provided to complete and submit the Application. You represent that all information provided as part of the Application is truthful and accurate. All Applications must be received by the deadline stated.
By submitting an Application, Applicants warrant that:
- All information contained in the Application is original to the Applicant or the Applicant has secured all rights to submit the Application;
- No information is or can be deemed confidential or proprietary, considered a trade secret or privileged;
- Neither the Applicant’s Application nor JJC’s use of the Application (or information contained thereon), in whole or in part, violates the right(s) of any third party;
- All activities of an Applicant’s business initiative are lawful;
- The Application does not contain offensive or libellous material, is truthful and not misleading;
- The Applicant has considered and complied with all contractual and/or confidentiality commitments that may be applicable to his/her Application, including compliance with business privacy policies, data use policies, policies governing disclosure of company information, agreements with third parties, and any other company policies or commitments that may be applicable;
- Applicant is aged 18 years or older;
- Applicant is a citizen or permanent resident in a country in Africa;
- Applicant has not received funding from one or more third parties for the funding of the idea in their Application in a cumulative amount of greater than US$250,000; and
- Applicant has submitted the Application in accordance with these Terms. No confidential relationship is established or implied by JJC’s acceptance or consideration of an Application. All submissions are voluntary.