Trinity College Dublin Phd Scholarship for International Students in Ireland 2019
The University of Dublin invites applications for 4 year fully funded PhD scholarship the department of political science, Trinity College Dublin for the 2019/2020 accademic session.
The University of Dublin provides a liberal environment where independence of thought is highly valued and all are encouraged to achieve their potential. They promote a diverse, interdisciplinary, inclusive environment which nurtures ground-breaking research, innovation, and creativity through engaging with issues of global significance.
The Department of Political Science at Trinity ranks among the best political science departments across Europe, and globally, according to independent evaluations of its research and teaching. In the 2018 QS rankings, Trinity College’s Political Science Department ranked number 16 in Europe, and number 43 in the
world for “Politics and International Studies.”
Worth of Award
The Department admits about six students per year, and typically provides financial
support in the form of tuition grants, stipends (currently €14,000 per year), teaching and research assistantships, and support for postgraduate conference and research travel.
They seek outstanding and motivated graduates for entry to her doctoral programme. Applications are particularly welcome from students who wish to conduct research in areas in which the Department has particular research strengths:
– Comparative European politics
– European Union politics and policies, incl. the European Court of Justice
– The politics of international law (incl. international human rights and WTO dispute settlement)
– Irish politics
– African politics
– Political institutions
– Legislative politics
– Electoral systems and political parties
– Political psychology
– Politics of climate change
– International conflict and security
– Political theory.
How to Apply
- All applications must be made via the online applications system. For details concerning the application process, please see their FAQ page.
- General inquiries may be directed to the Ph.D. Director, Gizem Arikan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline: Application closes March 1st, 2019.