Drivers Job Vacancies at SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania, January 2019
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide childcare organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world.
Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant Positions.
Job Title: Driver
Duty station: Arusha (1 post)
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
- Fulfills the Transport Needs for SOS Children’s Villages program per specific area of work
- Ensures the Safety of the car, staff and their properties
- Maintains the Safety and Security of the Vehicles
- Advises the Administrators on technical issues of the cars
- Fluent in English and Swahili
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- CSEE and Certificate from any recognized VETA colleges / institutions
- At least two years working experience preferably NGOs
- Basic knowledge on Child rights and child protection
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must possess driving Certificate & license
To apply for this position, send your application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. Copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo will be submitted by only contacted candidates for the interview. This advert can be obtained on our website http://www.sos-childrensvillagestanzania.org/.
Closing date is 1st February 2019.
To apply please send to; The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania Dar es Salaam, Tanzania email@example.com
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted