Finance and Administrative Assistant Jobs – World Vision, January 2019
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the position is to provide Administrative and Logistical support to the Finance Division Director and staff.
- Managing the day to day operational and administrative activities of Finance Division by organizing flow of documents, prioritizing incoming requests, maintaining Finance Director’s Calendar, paperwork and control system and following up to ensure timely responses.
- Handling of correspondence i.e. incoming and outgoing letters, scanning of financial documents for external correspondence to Auditors, Regional office, Partnership office, Banks and support offices like monthly Funding Requests, Funding confirmations, Changes to bank account signatories.
- Maintaining an in depth knowledge of Finance Division operations, responding and/or re-routing general request for information, electronic communication and facilitation, liason with Finance staff form ADPs/Zones and guests from other organization.
- Making necessary arrangements for Finance Division meetings, workshops and conferences, collating agenda items from team, booking appropriate venues and distributing background, organizing meetings, Coordinating monthly virtual or Skype meetings with Field Finance teams at Zonal/cluster level.
- Organizing documents and Reports for Approval by other departments/ND eg Monthly FFR and Cheques,Also handle the Patty cash and airtel money balance and advances
- Following up on actions required by the Finance Division, Filling of documents and maintaining relevant files for audit, ease of access and future reference.
- Coordinating administrative and logistical arrangements for Finance Division Director and staff visitors by providing timely information for hotel accommodations, airport pick-ups, local field travels and international travel in liaison with travel agents or support services division.
- Demonstrating flexibility in understanding special assignments eg External and Internal Audits, obtaining , compiling and extracting from files, reports, vouchers and other sources as directed by Finance Director/managers
- Handles any other assignments given by supervisor/management
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on the job training:Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Education level required: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
- Strong Organization skills and ability to work under pressure
- Formal secretarial training and /or proficiency in computer software like Ms excel, power point etc. will be an added advantage
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail and a good command of English
- Experience: 3 -5 years of experience in providing support to a busy Finance , Administrative Division with many staff including virtual teams and executive assistant to senior staff.
- Excellent typing skills, written and verbal communication, proven interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Work environment – Office based with occasional travel to the field.