Head, Special Asset Management Jobs – NMB Bank PLC, January 2019
Job Title: Head, Special Asset Management
Reporting Line: Chief Credit Officer
To co-ordinate and implement restructuring and recovery activities for all non-performing loans (NPL) products of the bank. To provide leadership, special attention and support to stressed relationships to ensure proper coordination and control of all special assets to prevent losses, maximize recoveries and restore profits through rehabilitation, restructuring, work-out and direct recovery.
• To initiate and develop restructuring and recovery strategies towards reduction of non-performing loans (NPL) levels as targeted by the bank’s management.
• Fully review and recommend releases/reinstatement of provision and interest in suspense for CREDCO approval.
• To manage all Special Assets to ensure credit and other risks are properly identified and assessed.
• Fully co-ordinate and manage all banks appointed external agencies (debt collectors, auctioneers, receiver manager etc.) and other third party vendors.
• To provide professional judgment to ensure proper impairment level/provision is taken consistent with BOT/IFRS regulations/guidelines and bank’s internal policy
• To initiate loan write-off and abandonment in accordance with BOT regulations and provide recommendation for Board approval.
• Fully lead and develop general framework for collections and recoveries of all Bank loan products.
• To supervise and co-ordinate preparation/submission of statutory and regulatory reports to BOT.
• To deliver presentation of SAM strategy on case by case to Management Credit Committee and Board Credit Committee for approval.
• Oversee quarterly credit portfolio review and monthly review of loan portfolio, quality report and make recommendations for corrective measures.
• To provide professional business support in resolving challenges faced by stressed clients
• Manage, develop and provide leadership and guidance to the Special Asset Management team.
• To put in place procedures and guidelines to ensure early identification and management of SAM potential clients for timely remedial action to manage credit risk.
Skills and Knowledge
• Business understanding of Risk Management, BOT regulations on risk asset management, company law and law of insolvency, market best practices and NMB lending policies and loan products.
• Technical: PC literate, Credit Appraisal, Debt Restructuring, Relationship Management, end-to-end credit process, and report writing skills.
• Behavioral: Coaching, Communication, Leading Others, Negotiation, Performance Management, Building a positive culture, Time Management, Self-Directed Work.
Qualifications and Experience
• MBA or other Post-Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (Banking, Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Economics)
• Banking experience of more than 5 years preferably in Special Asset Management/Business Support or Workout Unit in a Commercial Bank.
• Demonstrated experience in risk asset management especially on loan classification, provision and write-off.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.