Job Title:Program Clerk
Salary:TZS 17,127,555 per annum plus social benefits
Term Details:Based on operational requirements, there will also be opportunity for Emergency contracts. This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Tanzania.
Location:Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Closing date for applications:08-02-2019 At midnight UTC/GMT
• University degree or diploma
• Proficiency in English – comprehension, oral and written
• Proficiency in French – comprehension, oral and written
• Recent* experience of at least 6 months in providing customer/client service or support to internal and/or external clients
• Recent* experience of at least 6 months in working in an office environment
• Recent* demonstrated experience of at least 6 months working on a PC in a network environment
* Recent as defined as within the last 24 months
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Ability to analyze information
• Ability to perform well in a demanding office environment
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Adaptability and Flexibility
• Client Focus
• Commitment to values and ethics, honesty and reliability
• Effective Interactive Communication
• Focus on Quality and Details
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Work experience of at least 6 months within the last 3 years with an international organization, embassy or high commission in Tanzania or with a Canadian company or organization.
• Work in high pressure environment
• Some overtime required (on week days and/or during weekends if job demands)
• Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence in the specific city, region or country so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter.
• Obtain and maintain a reliability rating (security clearance) from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period. This includes a criminal and credit background check.
• Please follow the link http://wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=3002& and complete the online application form.
• Candidates are also required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
• Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: RSCEMA.PERSONNEL@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• The Embassy of Canada in Tanzania does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
• The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the Embassy of Canada in Tanzania which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.
• If you have any questions at any stage of the recruitment process, please send an email to: RSCEMA.PERSONNEL@international.gc.ca