Laboratory Scientists (2 posts) – Sickle Cell Programme, Muhimbili University of Health & Allied Sciences (MUHAS)
Sickle Cell Programme is a research programme in the Department of Haematology and Blood Transfusion at in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. The programme conducts biomedical research, support health care, advocacy and training. The Sickle cell Programme has an employment opportunity for highly motivated and results-driven individual.
LABORATORY SCIENTIST (2 POSTS) – DAR ES SALAAM
Reports to Programme Coordinator.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform testing in Serology, Haematology, Chemistry, Clinical microscopy, and molecular techniques ie DNA extractions, PCR and Sequencing assays 2. Prepare items and Perform phlebotomy when need arise. 3. Perform pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical procedures on all specimens and control material received including but not limited to registration, separation and storage.
4. Reporting abnormal results to the Lab Manager or Programme Coordinator.
5. Checking and completing all the laboratory results in Laboratory Information System or register book before validation/verification by a laboratory manager/Programme coordinator.
6. Archive all the source documents after testing in the appropriate files.
7. Ensure accurate sample coordination and delivery.
8. Prepare specimen for shipping on the samples received according to the SOPs.
9. Documentation of daily operation, recalibration, preventive maintenance service and repair of the machines/analyzers in the operational, reagent, calibration, maintenance and corrective action logs.
10. Archive all the source documents after testing in the appropriate files.
11. Adhere to stock control procedures.
12. Prepare summary reports of the machines/analyzers at the end of every month.
13. Troubleshoot any technical faults of the machine using operator’s guide manual.
14. Ensure that the Lab Manager/ Programme Coordinator are advised of any problems with the equipment.
15. Any other duties as assigned by but not limited to the Lab Manager/ Programme Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor of Science (BSc.) or Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences (BMLS)
2. At least 1 year of working experience in the Laboratory field
3. Strong computer Knowledge in Microsoft office
4. Goal driven with strong attitude and commitment towards clinical research work particularly in Sickle Cell Disease.
5. Flexibility and ability to work within a multi- cultural environment with good work ethics and desire to make a difference
This position will be on full time basis. Applicants should send their CV’s, scanned copies of transcripts/certificates and a cover letter outlining their suitability as per the job description to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by 16:30 PM on Monday 21st January, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
“Sickle Cell Programme is an equal opportunity employer”