M&E Officer Jobs at SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania January, 2019
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide childcare organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world.
Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant Positions.
Job title: M&E Officer (1 post)
Duty station: Arusha (1 post) & Mwanza (1 post)
Reporting to: M&E Coordinator
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support all M &E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of results, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary the location level.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- Analysing the data from the field and assisting the Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator in writing the M&E reports
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture Program progress.
- Build capacities and knowledge of program staff on Monitoring & Evaluation, development of frameworks to integrate M&E in Programme/Project cycle, impact assessment and Learning and knowledge management.
- Develop a plan for program-related capacity building on M&E and for any computer-based system support that may be required and carry out capacity building of relevant staff especially in areas of M&E systems, and conduct quality circles checks in order to identify possible areas for improvement.\
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
- Bachelor degree in either Project Management, Statistics, Economics and/or Development studies;
- 3 Solid experience in M & E with a Non-Governmental Organization;
- Experience in Strategic Planning with good background of reporting writing shared to donors, sponsors and other key stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills (Fluent in written and spoken in English
- Ability to present information in logical and convincing manner, ability to engage and negotiate, etc).
- Computer literacy especially competence in MS Excel and Statistical packages of database;
To apply for this position, send your application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. Copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo will be submitted by only contacted candidates for the interview. This advert can be obtained on our website http://www.sos-childrensvillagestanzania.org/.
Closing date is 1st February 2019.
To apply please send to; The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania Dar es Salaam, Tanzania firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
APPLY TO: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted