Monash South Africa Undergraduate Scholarships for African Students, 2019
Monash South Africa offers scholarships for South African and international students. These scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate programme in 2019.
Monash scholarships provide learning opportunities for the highest achieving students, as well as those experiencing some form of disadvantage (financial hardship). Scholarships are offered to students to encourage and reward academic excellence in previous studies.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
At MSA, they understand that responding to the ever-changing higher education landscape is critical both to our success and to that of their students. The Academic Innovation Centre (AIC) allows them to identify and take advantage of opportunities in this dynamic environment.
Worth of Award
- A total of 100% of your annual tuition and residence 4 fees.
- The award does not cover textbooks, stationery, living expenses or any traveling costs. Payments are in the form of an automated credit note to your tuition fee account after the release of your unit results.
- No cash is transferred to the students’ personal bank account.
To be eligible for a Monash South Africa scholarships applicants must:
- Be enrolled or have received an offer to enroll as a full-time student at Monash South Africa in a Higher Certificate, the Foundation Programme or an undergraduate course of study leading to a higher education award
- Not be a recipient of any other financial support award;
- Be studying Year 12 (NSC) or equivalent (South African citizens) or be studying in the final year of secondary school or equivalent (international); or
- Be a current Monash South African student and have completed a minimum of one semester of study at Monash South Africa
- Be able to demonstrate that the additional costs of textbooks, stationery, printing costs, living expenses, and travel costs can be covered at the student’s own cost.
- Monash South Africa scholarships are available to South African and international students.
How to Apply
To be eligible for scholarships, applicants must first be accepted into their course at Monash South Africa. Applicants should then:
- Complete the Application for Monash South Africa Scholarship form (pdf, 73kb) – you can also obtain the form from the Student Services Centre
- Submit their application, along with any relevant documentation, by 15 November for Semester One and 30 April for Semester Two.
- Complete the application form
- Sign the declaration
- Attach all relevant supporting documentation as specified
- Return to the Student Fees Officer by the closing date
Deadline: The closing date for applications is as follows: Semester One Intake: November 15, 2018 Semester Two Intake: April 30, 2019.