Oulu University International Master’s Scholarships for International Students in Finland 2019
The University of Oulu is offering scholarship to academically talented international students studying for a Master’s degree in Finland for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The scholarships will be granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver covering 75% of the full tuition fee. Applicants can apply for the tuition scholarship as part of the admissions process. University of Oulu IM Scholarships do not cover living costs. In order to retain the scholarship in the following year of study, a student must have completed 55 ECTS by the end of the previous academic year.
If a student does not achieve this requirement during the first year of studies, they will be liable to pay the full international tuition fee for the second year if they wish to complete their Master’s degree programme. An exception to this rule can be made if a student has been granted approved leave from studies (e.g. due to serious illness).
Worth of Award
- The scholarships will be granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver covering 75% of the full tuition fee.
- The tuition fee is an academic fee and thus covers the costs of tuition. The tuition fee does not cover the living costs such as accommodation, meals, and transportation. All students are required to finance their living costs by themselves.
- The applicant has obtained their first academic degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) from a recognized institution of higher education.
- The applicant proves a high level of proficiency in English language. Approved methods of demonstrating language proficiency.
- Applicants who are in their last term/semester of studies during the application period, can apply for the scholarship. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of study placement for a Master’s programme will receive a conditional scholarship offer.
How to Apply
- There is no separate application for the International Finland Scholarships. All applicants for University of Oulu Master’s degree programmes need to complete the Student Application Form.
- Those applicants who are applying for the University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship have to additionally complete the “Application for Scholarship,” which can be found at the end of the Student Application Form. The International Master’s Scholarship application form cannot be completed and/or submitted without the Student Application Form.
Deadline: Application closes January 23, 2019.