Russian Government State University Scholarships for Masters Studies in 2019
The Russian Government is inviting applications for its State University Scholarships in Russia universities for all education levels for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Russian is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. It takes sixth place among all the languages of the world in terms of the total number of speakers and the eighth in number owning them as native speakers. Russian is one of the most widely spoken languages in Europe. More than 260 million people speak Russian in the world.
For foreign citizens working in Russia, you should be adult (18 years and more) and have corresponding permission of General Directorate of migration of Russian Federation Ministry of Internal Affairs. If a foreign student works in the University or any university organization, or on holidays (without limitations within the University), he doesn’t need any permission.
456 Russian universities are involved in this program. School leavers can choose any training programs, bachelor’s and specialist’s degree programs. University-educated candidates can go onto further study in Master’s degree programme, postgraduate training program and residency training. Additional education programs are also available: for example, courses for foreign teachers of Russian, professional development programs and occupational retraining.
Worth of Award
- The grant provides your free studying on the chosen specialty for the entire period of education. Also, if you need to improve knowledge of Russian, the grant covers education at preparatory faculty.
- In addition, monthly payment and a place in the student residence is provided. In 2016 payment constituted 1 300 rubles ($21).
- Bachelor’s degree, specialist degree
- The candidate has to be registered on the Russia.study portal and send the application for a quota. Competitive selections take place in two stages.
- The first stage will take place in your country. For this purpose, it is necessary to contact the Russian centre of science and culture (RCSC). If in your country there is no RCSC, it is necessary to contact the Embassy of the Russian Federation.
- The second stage consists in the selection of suitable candidates by the Russian universities. Results of competitive selection will be known after consideration by higher education institutions of all arrived applications
- All candidates with the secondary school and vocational school finished (school, technical school, lyceum, etc.) and successfully passed competitive selection in their own country can receive a grant.
- Government grant does not cover transfer to University, living expenses and health insurance.
How to Apply
- Register on Russia.Study and choose a suitable program
- Fill in profile on your personal account and application to universities
- Send application to University and wait for a reply
- Pass a competitive selection
- Get a student visa and go to Russia
Deadline: Application for this scholarship is ongoing