System Administrator Jobs – Precision Air Services PLC, January 2019
Precision Air Services Plc is a fast-growing private Tanzanian airline which operates in Partnership with Kenya Airways, with its strategy to expand wings beyond East Africa and Africa.
In order to keep our services at a higher level and meet our customers’ maximum satisfaction, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in this challenging position.
POSITION: SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
REPORTS TO: MANAGER INFORMATION SYSTEM
DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM.
ROLE PURPOSE OF THE STATEMENT
To configure support, monitor and manage Precision Air’s Information Systems ensuring that the systems are available and optimized at all times
- Maintain the technical documentation, software and licenses in the library.
- Ensure data backup’s media are loaded and retrieved from application servers.
- Capacity planning for systems under the administrator’s responsibility.
- Monitor and file backup/restore logs and take necessary remedial action to ensure integrity.
- Maintain Data centre environmental conditions as per defined standards and take corrective action.
- Secure (seal) backups tapes and ensure they are transported safely to and from offsite storage.
- Carry on second level security administration for both Software and IT-Related hardware in the company.
- Carry out second level IS support and administrative tasks as necessary to enable the IS Operations users carry out their duties effectively.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance and support of business applications systems and networks at all levels as may become necessary
- Monitor servers, application performances, backups. Analyze and diagnosis system failures. Recover and restore operating systems and application data.
- Plays major role in the planning, implementation of PW Country data center infrastructure as well as its disaster recovery and service continuity plans in alignment with PW standards and requirements.
- Provides advice to the business, projects and products to implement cost-effective technology solutions to solve complex business problems.
- Develop and maintain documentation (best practice, solutions documents), procedures, and security and follow consistently ITIL processes for problem and change management. Establish and recommend policies and standards on systems and services.
- Work with customers (staff) to determine and document business requirements and translate them into clear and concise technical specifications.
- Provide input and recommendations to management for infrastructure improvements for best quality service.
- Communicates system problems and proposes corrective actions proactively.
- Ensuring availability and scalability requirements of storage and systems are clearly understood and addressed.
PERFORMANCE INDICA TORS:
- Level of availability of Systems links/services within set standards to support the business
- Timely resolution of services faults within agreed SLAs
- Easily accessible and understandable documentation of all systems
- Proactive reporting of systems availability and performance
- Team work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, Critical Thinking and Flexibility.
- Able to work under stress
- Translate technical language to lay audiences.
- Link and apply complex technologies to business strategies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- At least Bachelors’ Degree Information Technology or equivalent qualifications.
Professional qualifications MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, Certified Professional is desirable Working knowledge of Linux systems administration (RHEL, Fedora, Ubuntu and CentOS),
- Oracle Database Administrator Certified Associate (OCA) or Oracle Database Administrator Certified Professional (OCP) is desirable.
- 2 + years professional experience in Linux, Windows servers, VMware vSphere systems administration.
- Experience with VMware vSphere Infrastructure Administration in an enterprise environment.
- Strong knowledge of business continuity (BC) and disaster recovery (DR) planning.
- Good knowledge of airline communications technology, IATA system processes and standards will be an advantage.
- At least 2 years working experience in ICT Support.
Not later than 21st January 2019
Mode of Application:
If you feel you meet the above requirements please send your application and CV to the address below. Only short‐listed applicants will be contacted.
Head of Human Resources and Administration
Precision Air Services Plc
Mail Box 70770
Dar es Salaam