Türkiye Full Scholarships for Masters and Undergraduate Students in Turkey 2019
The Turkish government is currently offering the Turkiye Scholarships to International students to pursue degrees in Turkey in 2019.
Türkiye Scholarships is a scholarship program which not only provides financial support but also ensures university placement for students in their intended program of application. With this feature, it differs from other scholarship programs in the world. Apart from university education, it is aimed to provide students with the benefits of social, cultural and academic extracurricular programs and activities while they are in Turkey.
Today Türkiye Scholarships is a well-known scholarship program in most countries of different continents. Offering support also to academicians, researchers and civil servants in other countries, Türkiye Scholarships program offers various modules for research and Turkish language education.
Worth of Award
- Monthly stipend
- University and program placement
• Full tuition fee
• Free 1-year Turkish language course
• Free accommodation
• Round-trip air ticket
• Health insurance
Minimum Academic Criteria:
Minimum academic achievement for Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
Minimum academic achievement for Master’s and Doctorate degree applicants: 75%
Minimum academic achievement for Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
To be under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programs
To be under the age of 30 for Master’s programs
To be under the age of 35 for Doctorate programs
Citizens of all countries
Graduates or applicants who are able to graduate at the end of the current academic year (before September 2019)
Researchers and academicians
How to Apply
- Applications can only be made individually through their website by the candidates. There are no institutions or persons authorized to apply for Türkiye Scholarships.
- Candidates are strongly advised to carefully read the instructions and warnings in the application system.
- Applicants are required to submit and upload the necessary documents to the application system.
- Applications delivered by post, courier, or by hand will not be accepted.
- Applications are free of charge. Please do not entertain any third party institutions or persons who offer to make an application on behalf of you in exchange for a fee.
- Türkiye Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants will be placed in a university and program among their 12 preferences which they choose in the application system
All candidates must submit the following documents during online application:
- A valid National Identification Document OR a valid Passport
- A recent Photo of the candidate (Please note that the photo you upload into the Application system must be a proper portrait of yourself, candidate photos which are not identifiable will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- National exam scores (required for candidates who do not possess any international qualification or certification)
Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation
Academic transcripts (online screenshots and uncertified transcripts will undermine the evaluation of your application)
International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS …etc. if required by the chosen university & program)
Language test scores (if required by the chosen university & program)
A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only)
Most programs in Turkish universities are instructed in Turkish. However, some departments and universities offer programs in English or other languages. Candidates who wish to study in these programs need to have an internationally recognized language certificate to prove their language proficiency (TOEFL and other equivalent certificates). Most of these programs require international admission test scores such as GRE, GMAT, SAT etc. Candidates can check the language of instruction while selecting the programs in the application system.
Undergraduate candidates who possess International qualifications such as SAT or GCSE instead of national exam scores will need to provide the minimum required qualifications needed for completing secondary school according to these international exams.
All Türkiye Scholarships awardees who do not possess C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are placed into English or other language taught programs) must attend a 1-year Turkish Preparatory Course and attain the C1 Level Certificate by the end of their academic year.