USTC Chinese Government Scholarship for International Undergraduate Students in China 2019
Ministry of Education of P.R. China offers USTC Chinese Government scholarships for international students to undertake doctoral, masters, undergraduate, general scholar program and senior scholar program in 2019.
The Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese universities. They should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions. General English language requirements for English-instructed programs and Chinese-instructed programs are different.
Scholarships are available for students, teachers and scholars to pursue degrees at all levels (bachelor’s, master’s and PhD) or non-degree studies and to conduct research in China.
279 designated Chinese universities offer a wide variety of academic programs in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Law, Economics, Management, Education, Liberal Arts, Philosophy, History, and Fine Arts for scholarship winners at all levels.
Worth of Award
The Chinese University Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
- Tuition Waiver.
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
- Master’s students: CNY 700 per month
- Doctoral students: CNY 1000 per month.
- master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
- doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and mentally and physically healthy.
- Applicants must not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application, or be a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree (equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in China) and be under the age of 35 (by September, 1st, 2019).
- Applicants for doctoral studies must have a master’s degree (equivalent to a master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40 (by September, 1st, 2019).
- For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2019, they should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2019.
- Students who have been granted for other Chinese scholarship or funding（2018-2019）cannot apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants are encouraged to contact prospective supervisors prior to application and if have, are expected to upload in the online application system the Form of Provisional Acceptance of International Student by USTC Professor.
How to Apply
- Fill the Online Application for CSC Scholarship
- Fill the Online Application for USTC Admission
- Submit Original Application Documents Submission
- After applying online, applicants must submit application materials to Office of International Cooperation of USTC by post mail or in person (application materials submitted by email will not be accepted).
Deadline: Applications close on March 15, 2019, for online application.