Distinguished International Student Scholarship at National Cheng Kung Uni in Taiwan 2019.
The National Cheng Kung University is inviting applications for the NCKU Distinguished International Student Scholarship in Taiwan for the 2019/2020 academic session.
There are lots of scholarships offered by various organizations. Every scholarship is considered and granted jointly. Each person may only receive one source of the scholarship. Violators will lose their scholarship status.
National Cheng Kung University is a comprehensive university located in Tainan, Taiwan. NCKU is one of the best research-led universities in Taiwan and a leader in promoting industry-academia cooperation. It has consistently been ranked as one of the top universities in Asia.
Worth of Award
The Scholarship covers;
- For Undergraduate:
- Top 20% will each receive NT$ 15,000 (USD 500) per month.
- Top 20.01%-40% will each receive NT$ 10,000 (USD 333) per month.
- Accepted students will receive the waiver of the basic rate for on-campus accommodation fee (A scholarship recipient who chooses not to live in an on-campus will not receive any payment for the waiver of accommodation fee.)
- For Masters:
- Recipients can get the monthly stipend and the waivers of tuition fees & course credit fees
- Monthly stipend for master recipients is up to NT$8,000 (about USD 267), and for PhD students is up to NT$15,000 (about USD 500).
- International Students are encouraged to apply
- Students with an employment status on their ARC or a work visa are not eligible to receive any of the above scholarships.
- Recipients who defer admission will be disqualified from the granted scholarship.
How to Apply
- The University International Student Admissions Committee will review the application documents to evaluate the scholarship opportunity for the first academic year.
- Applicants do not need to submit any additional application documents for this scholarship, and the award information will be mailed along with the admission letter.
- For further academic years, the students have to apply again.
- The Committee will review last year’s academic performance to evaluate the scholarship status.
- Fall Semester: January 10 – April 10 annually (for Undergraduate and Graduate programs)
- Spring Semester: July 20 – October 20 annually (for Graduate programs)