PhD Scholarships in Vibration Control and Earthquake Engineering at Curtin Uni Australia 2019
The Curtin University is inviting applications for its PhD Scholarships in vibration control and earthquake engineering in Australia for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The candidate will work with Prof. Hong Hao and Dr. Kaiming Bi on their Australian Research Council (ARC) projects in the areas of earthquake engineering (1 student) and structural vibration control (3 students).
Curtin is an innovative, global university known for its high-impact research, strong industry partnerships and commitment to preparing students for jobs of the future. They are ranked in the top one percent of universities worldwide in the prestigious Academic Ranking of World Universities 2018 and are rising fast in other international rankings.
Worth of Award
- The successful candidate will receive a stipend valued at $27,596 per annum (2019 RTP rate).
- The duration of the scholarship shall be for three years with a possible extension of up to six months provided the student meets eligibility guidelines as per the conditions of the award.
- If the successful candidate is an international student, the scholarship shall cover international tuition fees for the duration of the award.
To be eligible, applicants must have a;
- Bachelor degree (first class honors or upper second class honors) in Civil Engineering or related fields, and language requirement (IELTS, Overall 6.5, Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening 6.0 or TOEFL, Overall 79, Reading, 13, Listening 13, Speaking 18, Writing 21).
- Master degrees with technical publications and research experiences in earthquake engineering, fluid dynamics, and stochastic dynamic analyses are preferred.
- Applicants must be;
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- International Student
How to Apply
- To apply, please send your expression of interest together with your CV, English testing score and transcripts via email to Dr. Kaiming Bi (Kaiming.email@example.com).
- For further information please contact Dr. Kaiming Bi via Kaiming.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Application closes June 30, 2019.