Research Assistant PhD Position in Variable Speed Drives in Austria 2019
The Graz University of Technology is inviting applications for a Research Assistant (PhD position) in Variable Speed Drives in Austria 2019.
The University seeks to fill a full-time position as Research Assistant (three years, PhD position) at the Electric Drives and Machines Institute at Graz University of Technology, Austria; in close cooperation with NIDEC GLOBAL APPLIANCE Austria GmbH and NIDEC GA Compressors (formerly Secop), the expert in advanced compressor technologies. NIDEC GA Compressors creates and supports solutions that set the performance standard for leading businesses around the world.
The work shall focus on frequency-converter based drives for household compressor applications. It will be part of the European project “Future Variable Speed Household Compressor – VSD Next”, in which Nidec Global Appliance Austria GmbH is developing a highly efficient
Worth of Award
Payment at least € 2.794,60/month (14 x year) according to the Austrian wage agreement (Kollektivvertrag); 40 hours/week.
Candidate with the following qualifications are eligible:
- Experience with the experimental laboratory as well as theoretical work, using analytic and numerical techniques, including simulation programs.
- Furthermore, they expect the candidate to show a high degree of self-initiative and an inherent curiosity for engineering and interdisciplinary questions.
- The position includes the possibility to pursue a PhD.
- Completed a master degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or physics
How to Apply
- Application documents, including cover letter,
- curriculum vitae,
- Further supporting documents should be sent to Graz University of Technology, Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Annette Mütze,
Deadline: Application closes April 15, 2019.